Somedays I wake up feeling like I want to bake something, although most of the time I will be stuck at what should I bake?
And today felt like a day for small, simple treats like muffins.
The original recipe was for Blueberry Muffins but decided to switch out the blueberries for Banana & Walnuts, which turned out even better.
Just to take randomness one notch higher, cocoa powder and Herseys chocolate chip buttons were added to the batter. Stuffed a slice of banana in to the center before popping the tray in to the oven. So there you go, Chocolate Banana Muffins 😉
Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients A (Sifted)
- 436g Cake Flour
- 10g Baking Powder
- 220g Softened Butter
- 200g Fine Sugar (Adjust accordingly to your sweet tooth)
- 8 Eggs
- 120g Fresh Milk
- 125g Blueberries
- Beat butter and sugar till its fluffy (slightly pale yellow)
- Mix eggs and milk in a separate bowl and add into the whipped butter gradually till its well incorporated.
- Add Ingredients A and beat on low speed
- Add blueberries and mix with a spatula
- Spoon (or pipe to avoid mess) the batter into muffin tray with paper moulds
- Bake in preheated oven of 180 deg cel. (depends on your oven actually, so if its too hot try to reduce it a little)
- Turn off the heat when the surface starts to brown and continue till its golden brown
I ran out of paper moulds halfway through and realise baking paper works even better & looks prettier (if you are using a muffin tray).
Do share any recipes with me so I can try it out!